Welcome To My Page
What I Do:
I research early and mid phase publicly traded companies in the Biotechnology and Medical Device sectors that are harder to at times find information on for investors.
I believe that these companies, although potentially more volatile than their larger cap retail counterparts, hold great value. With a clear understanding of where their product is positioned in the market, the capitalization and the team, these smaller companies can hold incredible value over the long term.
- Virtual Management of Drug Screening Library Data
- Society For Neuro-Oncology Annual Meeting: Excitement Builds Around Immunotherapy
- Current Trends In Cancer Therapeutic Development
- Cancer Stem Cell Therapeutics Become A Critical Target For The Future Of Oncology Drug Development Efforts
- Early Innovations In The Breast Cancer Therapeutic Market
- Overcoming The Challenges Of Cell-Based Cancer Immunotherapy
- Cancer Vaccine Approaches: A Race For Dominance In The Field
- Critical Success Factors For The Immunotherapy Race
- Important ASCO Updates On Immunotherapy Drug Treatments
- Important Cancer Therapeutics Under Development To Watch II
- Discussion With Dr. George E. Peoples About NeuVax (E75) Cancer Vaccine
- Important Cancer Therapeutics Under Development To Watch
- Cancer Stem Cells: The Potential For Game Change In The Future Of Cancer Drug Development
Other Selected Peer-reviewed Publications:
• “A Concise and Stereoselective Synthesis of C-glycosyl Analoques of b-L-Fucopyranosyl phosphate and b-L-Rhamnopyranosyl phosphate.” Andrew J. Norris and Tatsushi Toyokuni. J. Carbohyd. Chem. 1999, 18, 1097–1105.
• “Analysis of Enzyme Kinetics using Electrospray Ionization Mass Spectrometry and Multiple Reaction Monitoring: Fucosyltransferase V.” Andrew J. Norris, Julian P. Whitelegge, Kym F. Faull, and Tatsushi Toyokuni. (Accelerated Publication) Biochemistry 2001, 40, 3774–3779.
• “Kinetic Characterization of Enzyme Inhibitors using Electrospray-Ionization Mass Spectrometry coupled with Multiple Reaction Monitoring.” Andrew J. Norris, Julian P. Whitelegge, Kym F. Faull, and Tatsushi Toyokuni. Anal. Chem. 2001, 73, 6024-6029.
• “Characterization of a Recombinant Molecule Covalently Indistinguishable from Human Cerebroside-Sulfate Activator Protein. J.P. Whitelegge, V. Ahn, A.J. Norris, H. Sung, A. Waring, R.L. Stevens, C.B. Fluharty, G. Prive, K.F. Faull, and A.L. Fluharty. Cell. Mol. Bio. 2003, 49 (5):799-807.
• “Borate-nucleotide complex formation depends on charge and phosphorylation state.” Danny H. Kim, Kym F. Faull, Andrew J. Norris and Curtis D. Eckhert. J. Mass Spectr. 2004, 39 (7): 743-751.
• “Inhibition Kinetics of Carba and C-Fucosyl Analogues of GDP-Fucose against Fucosyltransferase V: Implications for the Reaction Mechanism.” Andrew J. Norris, Julian P. Whitelegge, M. Jane Strouse, Kym F. Faull, and Tatsushi Toyokuni. Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett. 2004, 14, 571-573.
• “Rabdosia rubescens inhibits breast cancer.” Maryam Sartippour, Nagindra Seeram, David Heber, Mary Hardy, Andrew J. Norris, Qing Yi Lu, Liping Zhang, Jian Yu Rao, and Mai N. Brooks. Int. J. Oncol. 2004, 26, 121-127.
• “cDNA microarray analysis of endothelial cells in response to green tea reveals a suppressive phenotype.” Maryam R. Sartippour, David Heber, Susanne Henning, David Elashoff, Robert Elashoff, Rosalio Rubio, Liping Zhang, Andrew Norris, and Mai N. Brooks. Int. J. Oncol. 2004, 25, 193-202.
• “A novel mass spectrometric assay for the cerebroside sulfate activator protein (saposin B) and arylsulfatase A.” Andrew J. Norris, Julian P. Whitelegge, Arman Yaghoubian, Jean-Rene Alattia, Gilbert G. Privé, Tatsushi Toyokuni, Hubert Sun, Mai M Brooks, Luigi Panza, Pamela Matto, Federica Compostella, Natascha Remmel, Ralf Klingenstein, Konrad Sandhoff, Claire Fluharty, Arvan Fluharty and Kym F. Faull. J. Lipid Res. 2005, 46:2254–2264.
• “The Novel Gene EG-1 Stimulates Cellular Proliferation.” Ming Lu, Liping Zhang, Raymond Scott Maul, Maryam R. Sartippour, Andrew Norris, Julian Whitelegge, Jian Yu Rao, Mai N. Brooks. Cancer Res. 2005, 65, 6159-6166.
• “EG-1 interacts with c-Src and activates its signaling pathway.” Ming Lu, Liping Zhang, Maryam Sartippour, Andrew Norris, and Mai N. Brooks. Int. J. Oncol. 2006, 29, 1013-1018.
• Boric acid inhibits adenosine diphosphate- ribosyl cyclase non-competitively. Danny Kim, Shane Que, Andrew J. Norris, Kym F. Faull, Curtis D. Eckhert. J. Chromatography 2006, 1115, 246-252.
• “Targeted inhibition of EG-1 blocks breast tumor growth.” Ming Lu, Maryam R. Sartippour, Liping Zhang, Andrew J. Norris, and Mai N. Brooks. Cancer Biol. Ther. 2007, 6:936-41.
• Mai N. Brooks and Andrew J. Norris. Orally available light-independent antineoplastic compounds. U.S. Patent Appl. Publ. 20070299046 A1; 12/27/07
• Mai N. Brooks and Andrew J. Norris. Orally available light-independent antineoplastic compounds. PCT Internat. Patent Appl. No. PCT/US2007/014517; 6/22/07
• “Nitroxyl inhibits breast tumor growth and angiogenesis.” Andrew J. Norris, Maryam R. Sartippour, Ming Lu, Taylor Park, Jian Yu Rao, Matthew I. Jackson, Jon M. Fukuto, and Mai N. Brooks. Int. J. Cancer 2008, 122, 1905-1910.
• “Nitroxyl Donor Conjugates as Cancer Therapeutics.” Andrew J. Norris and Mai N. Brooks. Provisional patent application submitted May 2008.
• An introduction to the basic principles and concepts of mass spectrometry. By Faull, Kym F.; Dooley, Alek N.; Halgand, Frederic; Shoemaker, Lorelei D.; Norris, Andrew J.; Ryan, Christopher M.; Laganowsky, Arthur; Johnson, Jodie V.; Katz, Jonathan E., Edited by Whitelegge, Julian. From Comprehensive Analytical Chemistry (2009), 52, 1-46.
• “High throughput screening identifies two classes of antibiotics as radioprotectors: tetracyclines and fluoroquinolones.” Kwanghee Kim, Julianne Pollard, Andrew Norris, J. McDonald, Yingli Sun, Ewa Micewicz, Kelly Pettijohn, Robert Damoiseaux, Keisuke Iwamoto, James Sayre, Brendan Price, Richard Gatti, William McBride. Clin. Cancer Res. 2009, 15(23):7238-45.
• “Activation of the nuclear factor erythroid-2-related factor 2 antioxidant response by ionizing Radiation.” J. Tyson McDonald, Kwanghee Kim, Andrew Norris, Erina Vlashi, Tiffany Phillips, Chann Lagadec, Lorenza Della Donna, Josephine Ratikan, Heather Szelag, Lynn Hlatky, and William McBride. Cancer Research (in Press 2010).
• “Radioprotective Drugs.” William H. McBride, Robert D. Damoiseaux, Kwanghee Kim, Andrew J. Norris. U.S. Patent Application Serial No. 121757,786, filed 2010.
• “Ionizing radiation activates the Nrf2 antioxidant response.” J. Tyson McDonald, Kwanghee Kim, Andrew Norris, Erina Vlashi, Tiffany Phillips, Chann Lagadec, Lorenza Della Donna, Heather Szelag, Lynn Hlatky, William McBride. Cancer Res. 2010 Nov 1; 70 (21):8886-95. PMID: 20940400
• “High throughput screening of small molecule libraries for modifiers of radiation responses.”
Kim, Kwanghee, Robert Damoiseaux, Andrew J Norris, Leena Rivina, Kenneth Bradley, Michael E Jung, Richard A Gatti,. Robert H Schiestl, William H. McBride. International Journal of Radiation Biology (2011), 87(8), 839-845.